Monday, November 23, 2009

23 November

23 November
Dear Gabriel
          They’re leaving.  Which leaves only me-- and the dog.  They’ll be gone by tomorrow morning.   The post will come every two weeks –only- with them gone.  So. . . expect large packages of letters. 
The dog needs a name.  I’m thinking Pete.  It suits him nicely. 
I’m going to put flags up along the trails today – in the snow it’s impossible to tell what goes where, this way if I get caught up in a storm I’ll find my way back ok.  Levi’s boys put a rope up the main path for me that goes right to the front door of the research station. 
The wolves came around last night.  Their howling scared poor Pete half to death, he jumped right into bed with me.  Some protector.  The pack has grown, two new youngsters--both female, I think—were out with them, hunting.  They stopped for a moment on the ridge and were illuminated by the moonlight.  I wish you were her to see it. 


I love you forever.


Nadari

No comments:

Post a Comment